Buyer Beware (Or the European Experience)

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z3M and Z4 (e89)
Remember when you could buy anything from Europe hassle free? (lets not get into a Brexit debate here, I voted out sooo..) but this is an example of how to screw a system up. I recently ordered some mountain bike parts from Spain, these were to be delivered by DHL, the suppling company emailed me a week later to say they had no stock and could not deliver and had returned the £200 to my account, which they had and very swiftly too. 2days later DHL delivered the bike parts????

I had in the mean time sourced the parts in the UK, paid for them and was awaiting delivery therefore no longer wanted the parts from Spain, the suppling company emailed me all the paper work to return the goods, which I duly did at a DHL drop off / collection point, all good you would think, what's his issue?

Friday I received an invoice from DHL for the import tax of £52 🤔 someone hasn't got their ducks in a row thinks Niall, so a quick call to DHL and....................
Now we are officially in dispute over the import tax payment that may take 20 days to resolve :oops: So asks Niall if you have the proof of return as you were the returning courier why are we in dispute? Because this department is the Duty and VAT Support Dept. not the Duty and VAT invoicing department is the answer. No problem replies Niall. put me through to them and we can get it sorted. No that cant happen I cant speak to the Duty and VAT department just the Duty and VAT Support department.

Is it me, am I just getting a crotchety old b*****d or is the world going to the dogs?

What could take 5 minutes by phone to correct will now take 20 days, peoples time (and probably mine as this s*** never ends well) to sort out. I can't work out if this is the trade deal fiasco or a DHL internal buggeration of a policy, whichever it is its a farce.

Thats me done ordering anything from Europe, I'll go without first.:mad:

Iamjonw

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Widebody Roadster
I blame Merkel and Macron (sounds like a comedy duo, which is not far off the truth).

Who needs Europe, just take a look at the Olympic Medal table :cool: